#PFASFree Day of Action – July 14
We know that the Truax Air National Guard base is a major source of PFAS contamination – causing one of Madison’s wells to be shut down. We also know they are beginning a major construction there, much of it to accommodate the F-35 fighter jets. Demand a halt to all construction until the entire site is tested for PFAS!
In addition to the #PFASFree Action items below, Safe Skies Clean Water WI asks you to contact your Dane County Supervisor and urge them to co-sponsor 2021 RES-088 demanding action and transparency about PFAS contamination relating to construction at Truax.
Find your supervisor: https://board.countyofdane.
Contact your water utility to ask for PFAS testing
You can use our easy to use tool at pfasfree.org/take-action to send a message to your water utility and local officials that you want your water utility to test for PFAS in your drinking water.
Take a selfie and post on social media
Take a selfie with a sign that you create on your own or print from our samples here. Make sure to use #PFASFree hashtag in your post and tag your local officials or city if you can.
Voice your opinion to state officials
Urge your legislators to be a champions for #PFASFree drinking water by supporting the CLEAR Act.
Like the #PFASFree Facebook page
You can stay updated on recent PFAS news, ways to take action and more by liking the Facebook page.
Join the #PFASFree email list
You can stay updated on recent PFAS news, action alerts and more just by subscribing! This is a great way to stay involved
Spread the word and share with 5 friends
Share the website, the Facebook page, or a simple message to 5 friends about the need for PFAS testing in Wisconsin
- Environmental Groups Seek To Intervene In Case Over DNR’s PFAS Regulation Authority by Danielle Kaeding, WPR
- It’s literally raining PFAS around the Great Lakes, say researchers by Garrett Ellison, Michigan Live
- Frustrated local leaders urge Congress to move faster on regulating PFAS by Ariana Figueroa, Wisconsin Examiner
- Fish Consumption Advisory Issued Due To PFAS Contamination In The Yahara Chain Of Lakes by Danielle Kaeding, WPR
- New test results find PFAS contamination in some public wells in the Town of Campbell by News 8000
- State Regulators Can Begin Crafting Standards For More PFAS Chemicals by Danielle Kaeding, WPR