First Friday Film Feb 4: What’s All the Noise About?
Two short documentaries:
- Jetline: Voices from the Flight Path
- When the Jets Fly: New Warplanes Turn US Towns Into Sonic Hellscapes
Residents of Whidbey Island on the west coast and Burlington, Vermont on the east coast are being traumatized by US fighter jets. Madison could be next. Learn what people are doing to resist the militarization of our communities.
Films & Discussion with:
- Retired Air Force Colonel Rosanne Greco spent 30 years in active service specializing in strategic intelligence, nuclear weapons and arms control. Former chair of the South Burlington City Council and an active Unitarian Universalist. Greco has been fighting the basing of F-35s in Vermont for ten years.
- Omar Poler lives in the Eken Park neighborhood of Madison and has been organizing with his neighbors to stop the F-35 “beddown” and protect water from PFAS contamination. He is a leader of Eken Park Resistance.
- Terra Huey is the social media coordinator for the Sound Defense Alliance, a coalition of groups in Northwest Washington and the Salish Sea. SDA is recognized for getting Real-Time Noise Monitoring into the National Defense Authorization Act, passed last year by Congress.
Register for Zoom Link to Film & Discussion: https://tinyurl.com/FebFilmNoF35
Co-sponsors of this virtual event include: CodePink, Safe Skies Clean Water Coalition, WI Unitarian Universalist State Action Network, Family Farm Defenders, Eken Park Resistance, Interfaith Peace Working Group, WI Network for Peace & Justice, Sound Defense Alliance, Peace Action-WI, Nukewatch, Madison Vets for Peace