We are still working to get the Dane County Board of Supervisors to pass a resolution against the basing of F-35s at Truax Field.
In the election on April 7th, eleven new people were elected to the County Board.
Some of our supporters did not run for re-election so we need most of the new county supervisors to vote in favor of the resolution. If you live in their districts, please contact them this week via phone or email and ask them if they will support the resolution against the F-35s. Ask them to co-sponsor 2019 Res. 548.
These are the new county supervisors:
- Elena Haasl, District 5, Madison
- Alex Joers, District 9, Middleton, west Madison
- Richelle Andrae, District 11, Madison, Dudgeon-Monroe
- Anthony Gray, District 14, Madison, McKee Road
- Blair Adkins, District 16, Blooming Grove, McFarland, south Madison
- Teran Peterson, District 19, Sun Prairie
- Sarah Smith, District 24, Monona, Madison
- Holly Hatcher, District 26, Middleton
- Michelle Doolan, District 28, Cross Plains, Mazomanie
- Mike Bare, District 32, Verona, Madison
- Kate McGinnity, District 37, Cambridge, Deerfield, Edgerton, Stoughton
If you live in the following incumbent county supervisor’s districts, we would like you to contact them and encourage them to vote in favor of the resolution.
- Tim Kiefer, District 25, Waunakee
- Patrick Downing, District 30, Blanchardville, Belleville, Mt. Horeb
- Annaliese Eicher, District 3, Sun Prairie
The next County Board meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday, April 21 but this will be an organizational meeting only. The resolution will not be considered at this meeting. But it is important that we get the County Board to pass the resolution soon in order to go on record against the project and instruct Dane County to research potential legal strategies to prevent the proposed project.